COVID-19 QUESTIONS & BUSINESS PRACTICEIn response to the growing concerns about COVID-19, commonly referred to as coronavirus, Hallmark is providing this guidance to help REALTORS® respond to the coronavirus's potential impact and best hygiene practice. As of January 25, 2020, the Ontario Public Health Office has issued Travel Warnings for all of China, South Korea, Italy, Iran, Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore However, the situation is rapidly evolving.
What is Coronavirus?Health Services Canada is responding to an outbreak of a respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus outbreak. While the outbreak started in Wuhan, China, a growing number of cases have been identified in several other countries, including Canada.
What is the risk of exposure to coronavirus?
Health Canada reports that most people in Canada do not have an immediate risk of exposure to the virus. However, the situation is rapidly evolving, and Health Canada will update its risk assessment as needed.
What preventative measures can you take to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading coronavirus?The same preventative measures recommended to prevent influenza are also effective in reducing the risk of contracting or spreading coronavirus. These measures include:
- Staying home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve.